If you are submitting or receiving a tender or proposal, our processes define the costs linked to best practice and benchmarked costs. We can review (workshop) your organization’s baseline of costs and compare them against similar projects, whilst still maintaining a baseline of costs.
We can also cater for independent reviews (IPR) for tenders of proposals, or help you put together your proposal or tender, linked to BMP’s benchmarked costs.
Most fiscal and engineering models have been formed to review the engineering and not the costs and cost implications. Cost requirements are sometimes left as secondary items by our competitors, here at the BMP we ensure costs are fundamental to our Model and protocols.
Arthur Gill took his experience as a large shareholder and Director of an international bank together with his engineering knowledge and Directorship of a large EPCM firm and integrated the needs of any banking-funding institution into the development of the BMP. This is a fundamental part of the BMP. No matter your needs it’s inherent within the Model. We know of no one else that can offer this inherent built in feature.
Plus we are able to carry out a Viability Cost Study of any Partner or Business Purchase.
Not only does the BMP Model offer this feature that no one else can offer, there is an option to review the engineering behind the costs.
We work from the BMP fundamentals in all cases to ensure that nothing is missed and everything is integrated into the model before the next task is commenced.
These fundamentals form the backbone of the BMP, in that we only carry out one item at a time for both engineering and fiscal activities, thereby ensuring that any changes are checked and worked into the model. This ensures that time is not wasted searching to correct any mistake that the Model will not accept at a later date.
- Proforma data-books that we adapt to suit your needs – that allow costs and items to be adjusted on similar projects, whilst still maintaining the integrity of each project (comparing apples with apples)
- Data-books are designed to meet and be consistent with the Standard Method Measurement (SMM) to retain integrity of the tender in line with standards. Easily adjusted Data-books that keep the baseline costs integrity.
- Reduce risk and define this via every line of the Bill of Quantities data-book. This approach stops the end of tender adjustment (Thumb Suck) on Risk and have a schedule of items that can be presented to any review of the tender. Knowing it has integrity. Remember that the crude allocation of risk can mean the difference between winning and losing the project.
- Do away with using past costs or estimates-
- Do away with using old Vendor Data
- Do away with using out dated data or any form- or that dreaded word –estimate.
- A Supplier Data Sheet (SDS) defines the Contact details and deliverables of the commercial side linked to the Data-book costs.
- Work Packages that are linked to Data-book costs and SDS deliverables- no need to go searching for these work package costs- they are easily found within the BMP model. No loss of integrity are they are in the model and do not get reproduced – with the added benefit of saving time.
- Return on investment (ROI) can easily be predicted using the BMP methodology and process. This would be the same process we use for our commercial banking reviews: so you are getting the best.
- Remember if you cannot repeat the costs on any item, you have not established your own baseline costs.
- To compete on a basis of being the best, you must establish baseline costs and these are updated regularly. Then you can view these against best practice costs, which BMP holds as part of its extensive database. Knowledge is detail and detail = costs. Broad SOW equals none of these.
We are able to carry out the following for any Client.
- Independent Peer Review (IPR) that will shortcut any process to funding if it’s needed, or just an IPR that views your baseline costs vs Best Practice costs and highlight the difference.
- A full assessment to comply with the British Standard fro Finance (BSF) if needed.
- Engineering reviews and offering alternatives.
- Our activates and knowledge covers (Resources-Oil and Gas-Manufacturing- Automotive – Port Activities – Rail works – Automation-Infrastructure works)
- Remember our banking blind data is audited so we know it’s correct. Can you say this for your old project data or vendor data?
- All the data can be fed into the Model – refer to our examples port and rail Processes.
- We can also produce a model for the likes of commissioning that is defined by using the data-book entries. .
In conclusion, we offer to assist any organization in establishing their own baseline of costs, then be able to compare these against Best Practice Costs. BMP encompasses simple yet effective ways of retaining the integrity of baseline costs, to suit similar projects and maintaining data integrity (apples for apples ) plus the data within the Data-books can be easily retrieved and placed into a WBS – Work Package – Schedule, ensuring retention of the data integrity and ease of assembly, knowing you have a process that can integrate with your own Corporate system the likes of SAP.
- Schedule overruns are a costly issue when delivering projects. At BMP, we interrogate the schedule of the Client/ EPC / EPCM or Contractor organization against our latest trends. This ensures the integrity of the schedule against every risk likely to affect delivery.
- Client, would supply to us (BMP) all documentation allied to your tender or estimate, the like of, example, SOW/Deliverables / Schedule / Vendors-Processes/ Method Statements, known as data; every item allied to your tender estimate/ operational verification, to enable us to view and compare our trend values / costs for best practice with your estimate documentation.
- We can show very clearly every aspect of the schedule to determine whether it is realistic or unrealistic against our bench marked trends. These aspects can be vendor, off shore or local labour related depending on requirements. Utilizing our expert project delivery experience and benchmarked trends we can dig into the detail to highlight matters of concern through the schedule and show how these will affect the overall cost and progress through delivery.
Other than our trends, the BMP has a unique quality that differentiates it from our competitors. We are able to view every cost comparison discussed, via our Model and demonstrate it in a clear and concise overview table. This allows us to directly overlay differing views of the affect the schedule and cost changes would have on the overall schedule.